Aviation. Railroads. Supertankers. Roadway and tollway operators. Transportation companies like these – enterprises at the center of the global economy – need to keep their people safely in contact, often across continents and oceans.
Fortunately, the Instant Connect Enterprise (ICE) platform helps migrate today’s existing communications infrastructures to a new level of flexibility, security, and impact. The transportation sector is now leveraging highly-secure voice and data services with a complete IP-based dispatch and incident response system – opening a new world of “everyone, everywhere” communications.
- Faster response to emergency situations for higher operational integrity – getting vital staff and equipment where they need to go
- Improved safety and responsiveness in complex land-sea-air environments when every second counts and lives may be at stake – workers, passengers, support crews, etc.
- Better equipment management and maintenance efficiencies – a huge upside for fast-moving transportation networks where millions of dollars of equipment are flown, driven, and piloted in complex fast-changing schedules
Case in point: geofence boundaries enhance security.
Using the ICE platform to create and manage “geofence boundaries” helps maintain oversight of operational areas like shipyards, railways, and other mission-critical territories.
- Geofences are automatically created and adjusted in real-time as projects progress and subscribers enter and leave the boundary
- IoT sensors or video feeds trigger alert about potential intruders in sensitive area
- Talk groups automatically created to link key personnel
- Nearest security staff (radio) identified and contacted – security immediately investigates!
Let's Get Started