From remote electrical grids to urban telecommunications, the world relies on utility companies to keep the power on. And utilities rely on the Instant Connect Enterprise (ICE) platform to keep their fast-moving workforces connected and collaborating.
ICE solves a number of critical challenges, including:
- Turns isolated radio network “islands” with limited RF footprints into a single integrated environment seamlessly connected to mobile and IP
- Improves incident response and unscheduled repairs – remote workers who used to be isolated from command-and-control are now just a push button away from dispatch
- Combats the fragmentation associated with BYOD – especially with contractors and temporary workers
- Reduces the threats of cyber-security
Instant Connect turns previously isolated radio network “islands” into an integrated communications environment that’s seamlessly connected with mobile and IP.
Case in point: expediting unscheduled repairs
By supporting both voice and data, the ICE platform can help accelerate resolution of a malfunction in a remote transformer to minimize potential downside.
- A real-time trigger from an IoT sensor confirms nature and location of malfunction in remote area and transmits to management team
- Designated talk groups are automatically alerted, including customer service teams
- Nearest technician is dispatched to site with replacement parts
- Customer service teams update users with key information, helping to maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Minimal time or workhours wasted – all resources utilized expeditiously
Let's Get Started